Are you interested in a career that truly makes an impact? Do you want your job to help make nature and communities better with each project you touch?
At RES, we believe that human progress and the restoration of nature’s resources can go hand in hand. Our belief made us what we are today – the nation’s leading ecological restoration company, with over 300 stream miles restored and conserved, 20,000,000 trees planted, and 15,000 acres of special-status species habitat established. We restore our land and waters with integrity and innovation, one community at a time.
Do you want to be part of a team whose talent and dedication are unmatched in the industry?
RES is accepting resumes for an Environmental Scientist / Regulatory Specialist II (Regulatory) in our Glen Burnie, MD, providing broad environmental support to a team of environmental consulting, restoration, and mitigation professionals.
- Draft reports and mapping, prepare federal, state, and local permit applications, mitigation site plans, comment response documents, and other regulatory deliverables for a variety of project types
- Coordinate with ecology and engineering/GIS design teams to incorporate scientific field data into regulatory documents
- Coordinate with federal, state, and local agencies to obtain project permits and approvals, including rare, threatened, and endangered species and cultural/historic resource clearances
- Support field ecology efforts (i.e. mitigation site monitoring, site assessments, water quality sampling, wetland/stream delineations, habitat assessments)
- Provide occasional sales support and assistance with proposal preparation
- Two years of progressive and relevant work experience
- BA/BS in Biology, Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrology, Botany or similar Science
- Strong writing skills and abilities using MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to meet project goals
- Positive attitude and team-centered approach to problem solving
- Ability to travel to sites as needed
- Acceptable driving record
- Direct experience with state and federal environmental regulations and permitting processes
- Strong record of communicating with/developing relationships with regulatory agency personnel
- Arc GIS proficiency to support mapping deliverables
- Experience conducting environmental site assessments
- Experience with wetland/stream delineations and jurisdictional determinations
- Understanding of stream and wetland restoration design principles and construction
- Experience with regulatory requirements for developing mitigation banks in MD
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.