We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Through our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos (London zoo and Whipsnade Zoo), the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists, our purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction.
ZSL London Zoo is looking for an Events Assistant Apprentice to help the Events Manager plan and deliver the full events programme at London Zoo. The events at London Zoo help provide us with an amazing opportunity to engage with our audience and deliver crucial revenue which feeds into our important Conservation work. The successful candidate will gain logistical and administration experience in delivering events at a large visitor attraction.
This role will typically spend 18 months on-programme, working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off-the-job training.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Events Manager in the planning and delivery of the full events programme.
- Responsible for the booking and maintenance of events equipment
- Research and develop interactive materials for use at events.
- Brief in and manage ticketing processes for events.
- Assist in the preparation, management and reconciliation of event budgets.
- Be a point of contact for queries from contractors including caterers and performers in the run up to events.
- Fully brief external contractors in health & safety and ways of working on site.
- Complete and submit applications for events awards.
- Contract and brief casual staff members in the run up to events.
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good at juggling tasks and prioritising
- A great team player
- Excellent communication skills