This listing has expired.
Experience Co (ASX: EXP) is an adventure tourism company delivering high quality and memorable experiences across Australia and New Zealand every day and we’re on the lookout for awesome new people that love sharing experiences with people from all over the world.
Our Marine Biology Team is expanding and we have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Marine Biologist to join our team in Cairns, North Queensland.
The successful Biologist will be working within a talented and highly experienced team that focus on delivering Marine Biology & Reef Education within our Marine Tourism products across Big Cat Green Island, Cairns Whale Watching, Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel, Calypso Snorkel & Dive, Reef Magic Marine World and Reef Education
The main duties of the role:
- Interpretation – Biology tours, guided snorkel tours, fish feeding presentations, semi-submersible tours
- Monitoring – Reef health impact surveys, fine scale juvenile Crown of Thorn Starfish surveys
- Research – Plankton sampling, water quality sampling, juvenile Crown of Thorn Starfish control & research, reef restoration techniques
- Reef Education – Delivering Reef Education programs to students from local, national and international schools & universities, training & supporting our Indigenous Rangers and Snorkel Guides
You will know you’re ideal if you:
- Have Reef Tourism experience
- Clear communicator
- Confident personality who thrives on engaging with people
- Well-developed Customer Service Skills
- Bring energy to a team and a can-do attitude
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology or Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Senior First Aid with CPR
Application Period Concludes – 26th August 2019