Fall Forestry Corpsmember
Fall Forestry Corpsmember
The Fall Forestry Program (FF) is an intensive, team-based, 13 week-long program. FF Corpsmembers serve on conservation and environmental stewardship projects throughout the Denver metro area while engaging in meaningful education activities. Corpsmembers have the choice to serve on three types of crews: a mixed gender chainsaw crew, an all-women’s chainsaw crew, and a mixed gender overnighting hand crew.
This is a temporary position from August 20, 2019 – November 15, 2019.
- 450 hours of service in a 12 week commitment.
- 40 hour weeks, Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Required to serve Friday, September 6 from 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. due to holiday observed on Labor Day (Sept. 2) and
- Required to serve September 13, October 18 and November 15 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. for career readiness training and other programming.
- Some positions will require overnights.
- Biweekly Stipend: Earn a living stipend of $760.00 per pay period, every two weeks.
- AmeriCorps Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $1,566.14 upon successful completion of the term (450 hours of service). This award can be used to pay tuition or pay back qualifying student loans. Individuals have 7 years to use the award.
- Trainings: Tool training and hands-on technical training related to all projects. Sawyer Corpsmembers will earn an S-212 chainsaw equivalency certification and First Aid/CPR.
- Education: Lessons focused on environmental stewardship, leadership, civic engagement and college/career prep that will prepare you for life after MHYC.
- Student Loan Forbearance: Corpsmembers can apply to put their qualified federal student loans on hold during their term through the National Service Trust.
- Health Insurance: May be eligible for health insurance the 1st of the month after serving at MHYC for sixty days. Member will have a monthly share of the health insurance premium.
- Must be between the ages of 18-24 and able to legally serve in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
- High school or GED graduate or still enrolled.
- Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day. Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day.
- Must be physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, snow etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-pack.
- Able to be on time and maintain consistent attendance throughout term of service. Must commit to complete the program.
- Pre-service National Service Criminal History Check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting. This position does not have recurring access to vulnerable populations.
- Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
- Member must not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the AmeriCorps Member Service Agreement and appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress code.
- Fully comply with agency policies and procedures.
- This position reports to Program Coordinator: Land Conservation.
Visit our website at www.milehighyouthcorps.org and click “Apply Now”.
Or visit us in person at our headquarters 1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204.
Questions? Please email [email protected] or call 303-433-1206 ext. 221
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin. Every effort shall be made to grant reasonable accommodation for qualified people with disabilities to participate in this AmeriCorps program.