This listing has expired.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and skilled person to work alongside the Falls of Clyde team at the popular Falls of Clyde Wildlife Reserve, part of the Clyde Valley Woodlands National Nature Reserve.
This fantastic role requires good organisational skills, along with a flexible mindset. You will be responsible for organising work programs for yourself and a small team of volunteers. This role is suited to individuals who are intuitive and can think outside of the box. The nature of the work includes being present outdoors, in our beautiful location in South Lanarkshire.
Main duties will include patrolling the wildlife reserve, delivering public events, undertaking practical conservation work, and carrying out biological recording.
The successful candidate will:
- Patrol the wildlife reserve and promote site safety to visitors of the site
- Undertake a wide range of practical conservation tasks
- Work with and support our team of volunteers
- Lead guided walks and public events, such as badger watches.
- Deliver our Dipper Watch public engagement events throughout the summer
- Carry out biological recording
- Help run environmental education activities for school groups and the public
- Actively recruit members to the Scottish Wildlife Trust
NB: The work pattern for the role is Saturday to Wednesday and will include evening working (usually once a week).
This post is eligible for a Disclosure Scotland check and membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
For further details, please download the role description and person specification here. If you would like more information, please phone 0131 312 4718 or email email@example.com