This listing has expired.
Start Date: 25th June – 27th August
Location: Phang Nga, Phang Nga
Employment Type: Short Term Contract
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
About the role
Here at GVI, we run service learning and leadership expedition programs for school and university groups all year around, across a number of our spectacular GVI locations, including Phang Nga, Thailand.
To assist us in running these programs effectively, we are looking for a Field Assistant join our passionate team on a short term basis. There could also be longer term opportunities available, depending on performance.
Phang Nga province is located on the Andaman Sea and is blessed with an abundance of natural resources, numerous national parks and stunning scenery with a wide range of attractions. Phang Nga is made up of white sandy beaches, tropical islands, amazing limestone rock formations and a rich culture.
About the role
The Field Assistant will support the rest of the GVI team in the day-to-day running of the programs, and specifically assist with managing the participants and students who form part of our groups. The main goal of the Field Assistant is to ensure our groups have the most fantastic experience during their time with GVI. As part of the team in Phang Nga, you will assist in the running and operation of various aspects of our conservation, adventure and community programme.
What you will do
- Supporting in the running of projects and the daily running of the GVI base
- Assisting with project work including planning sessions
- Managing the groups on a day to day basis, ensuring they have a positive experience
- Interacting with local partners for certain activities
- Delivering presentations and training relevant to the project activities
- Acting as an enthusiastic role model for participants and providing guidance and mentorship
- Working with the team to ensure the program operates to a high standard and all health and safety protocols are followed
What you will need
- Passion for sustainable development
- People-centric mindset – comfortable with being ‘on’ 24/7
- Experience managing groups/participants/students (we will provide all project specific training in-country)
- Previous GVI experience
- Understanding of local culture
- Driving Licence
- Emergency First Response certified/trained
What we offer
Our packages include the following: flight contribution, food, accommodation, insurance and visa costs.
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV and complete the short application form.
We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn’t always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.