Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) invites applications from individuals with at least 1-5 years of field experience as a Biologist for our Terai Tiger Project in Uttar Pradesh.
As our Field Biologist, you will be posted in the Dudhwa-Pilibhit Tiger Reserve landscape in Uttar Pradesh, and be responsible for field or on-site implementation of the projects’ activities under supervision and guidance of your reporting manager, and as per the technical and financial plan of the project.
Before applying, please ensure that you meet our requirements:
Qualifications and skills
- Masters in Zoology/Wildlife Science/Wildlife Conservation Action
- Minimum 1-5 Years’ experience of working in the field, preferably with focus on human-environment/human-wildlife interactions.
- Past experience in working on human-wildlife conflicts & conflict mitigation will be preferred
- Experience of working in team based projects will be a plus.
Broad responsibilities include
- Monitoring of tigers and leopards through camera trapping and secondary signs of presence.
- Attending to and collecting detailed information on human-big cat conflicts as and when they are reported.
- Assist the programme in developing long-term conflict management/mitigation strategies.
- Assist in conducting technical trainings and workshops on human-wildlife conflict management and mitigation.
- Undertake all assigned activities in relevant project implementation plan.
- Undertake any other work as delegated by Division Head/Project Head.