This listing has expired.
- Location: Cambridge, UK
- Full time: 35 hours per week
- Contract: Open-ended
- Salary: circa £32,000 – £39,000 pro rata per annum plus competitive 12% pension benefit
- Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are seeking an experienced forest policy expert to provide expert advice and assistance to BirdLife Partners in relation to forest management, planning and policy processes, including FLEGT and REDD+, with a particular focus on forest conservation in South East Asia and the Pacific (Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea).
In particular, the Forest Policy Coordinator will play a key role in the planning, implementation and evaluation of a five year initiative, aimed at building the capacity of civil society organisations in South East Asia to participate effectively in forest monitoring, management, planning and policy processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge of forest governance issues (including FLEGT and REDD+) and the forest conservation landscape.
- Experience in policy analysis and advocacy in a conservation/development setting.
- Substantial work experience in forest governance, with a proven track record of high level involvement in programme management, policy formulation and advocacy.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills [need to add as bullet]
- Postgraduate degree in environmental policy, law, economics, politics, forestry or a related discipline (or equivalent professional experience).
A detailed job description can be found at www.birdlife.org/jobs.
Closing date: 26 September 2019
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: [email protected]
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held the week commencing 7th October 2019.