Lead all aspects of fundraising for the Whale Sanctuary Project (https://whalesanctuary.org) through annual giving, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts, sponsorships, events, and initiation of a capital campaign for the first North American whale sanctuary. Position could be filled as an employee or consultant, who works primarily from their home office in the Central California Coast Region. (California location preferred but not essential. North American candidates only).
Must have experience cultivating and maintaining productive relationships with donors and possess a proven ability to inspire and motivate donors. This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional to drive contributed giving levels, launch a capital campaign and own the process of developing and sustaining the development program.
- Cultivate, steward and solicit donations to reach Annual Fund and other contributed revenue organizational goals;
- Secure major gifts in partnership with the Executive Director and President;
- Create, develop, and enrich donor relationships in partnership with the Executive Director, staff and Board;
- Work with the Executive Director and President to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors. Plan, coordinate and manage fundraising events;
- Develop compelling donor materials and communications that build a strong but simple case for support;
- Create and ensure the execution of donor gift acknowledgements;
- Manage the donor data base system, providing recommendations to the Executive Director for system software;
- Work with the Executive Director to identify and solicit a broad range of sponsorships.
- Maintain and expand Foundation funding relationships and oversee successful grant applications and expansion of support.
- Minimum 5 years of Development experience, including grant solicitation and corporate giving;
- Experience identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donor relationships;
- Proven experience successfully closing major gifts and managing an annual fund;
- Superb written, verbal, management, and organizational skills;
- Experience with developing and managing budgets;
- Skilled in dealing with donors, colleagues and the public;
- Computer skills, Experience with donor database software, first-hand knowledge of social media strategies and execution.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]