This listing has expired.
Are you a skilled GIS technical specialist? Do you have experience of, or the desire to work within the environment consultancy sector? Are you used to meeting client expectations and delivering high quality maps and data, on time and to budget? Are you commercially aware, self-motivated, organised, with excellent communication and project management skills? If so, then we would be delighted to hear from you!
We are looking for a GIS Specialist to join our dynamic GIS team based in Guildford. Your main responsibility will be to provide all aspects of mapping, data management and spatial analysis to terrestrial, marine, freshwater, and geospatial projects, working proactively at all times to achieve the company’s vision and values.
Successful candidates must
- have a degree or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in GIS or a related subject
- have relevant and proven experience in a similar role, ideally within the commercial environmental sector
- have the ability to produce consistently high quality, error free maps and data for clients on time and within budget
- hold strong planning and organisation skills with proven ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously
- have proven experience of working with ESRI ArcGIS as well as desktop, web-mapping, server, mobile and web applications
- have an understanding and application of GIS data standards
- have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- and most importantly an enthusiastic, flexible, can-do attitude.
This is a permanent role, with an office/home-working split based on team and business needs. Ideally you’ll be a commutable distance from our Guildford Head Office but other locations may be considered.