This listing has expired.
We are currently looking for a skilled GIS technical specialist, this professional role works within the geospatial team to provide all aspects of mapping, data management and spatial analysis to terrestrial, marine, freshwater and geospatial projects, always working proactively to achieve the company’s vision and values.
This is a hybrid working position therefore, you need to be within a commutable distance from any of our offices which include Guildford, Cardiff, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds) and will required to occasionally visit our head office in Guildford.
Our priority is to find someone that has some GIS experience working within a consultancy or similar industry, however we will consider people with little or no experience, but you must show that you have a passion and keen interest in GIS.
As a skilled and experienced team and company member you will work with the team to:
- Produce consistently high quality, error free maps and data for clients on time and within budget to maintain company standards.
- Liaise with internal project teams to ensure we always provide the best possible geospatial service to our clients.
- Start interacting with external contacts such as clients, data providers, land agents and other stakeholders to raise your profile and develop your confidence.
- Start to specialize in one or more of the following and establish how this can be utilized for best company benefit through project efficiency and or additional service offerings to clients.
- Thomson Interactive Mapping (TIM)
- Mobile Mapping
- Modelling and Geoprocessing
- Remote Sensing and UAV
- Make efforts to get involved in the quoting and tender process by offering to review or proofread submissions and providing realistic timescales and rates for geospatial work.
- Help to prepare and deliver training courses on geospatial topics to the company.
If this sounds like a role for you, then please apply. In return we can offer you an amazing opportunity with great career progression, a fun place to work, flexible working patterns whilst working for company that does great things.