Our Graduate Programme is the perfect place for you if you are an ambitious and passionate individual. Our programme will develop you to become a ‘complete professional’ and offer you a supportive induction programme, the opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented and respected engineers and consultants in the industry. You will receive independent mentoring, support through to Chartership and the opportunity to gain responsibility on a range of exciting projects.
Through our in-house PROpel scheme we will help you plan your career development and reach your full potential through a technical syllabus & skills development program
We are looking for a Graduate Ecologist be part of our new and exciting chapter. Roles and responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Assisting with Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and protected species surveys on a variety of sites across the UK;
- Mapping using GIS software;
- Survey data analysis;
- Assisting with Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments.
- Acting as Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW), appropriate to the grade and experience;
- Producing technical reports for a variety of clients;
- Assisting with mitigation licence applications.
- Preparing fee quotations for clients;
- Liaising with clients to answer queries;
- Engagement with stakeholders and statutory consultees; and
- The opportunity to influence the future growth and direction of the team.
- A Degree/ Masters in Ecology or a related subject;
- Right to work and live in the UK;
- Keen to share your ideas about how we can do things even better ;
- Great communication skills developed through well-rounded life experience – academically, socially and in any previous work situations;
- Keen, enthusiastic, ambitious, keen to learn and progress;
- A problem solver with strong communication skills;
- Personal organisation skills, and the ability to work well within a team;
- Desire to gain Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or an existing Student/Qualifying member;
- A full UK driving licence; and
- Ideally some work experience within an ecological consultancy.
What BWB offer:
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase more), pension, life assurance and healthcare.
- Perkbox, Cycle to Work, paid volunteering days and much more