This listing has expired.
Location: Phang Nga, Thailand
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Reports to: Groups Program Director
Working location: Thailand – Chiang Mai & Phang Nga
About the role
The goal of the Groups Program Manager is to deliver world-leading groups programs in-country, by focusing on participant experience, impact, and costs. This is done by ensuring that the GVI groups programs in each region operate safely, efficiently and cost effectively, with programs consistently being delivered ethically and to a high quality. Over time a network of candidates based localled will be developed to ensure that you are able to tap into to recruit for groups delivery who gradually will become more experienced at delivering itineraries and as a result group program quality will increase.
What you will do
- Responsible for the overall effective functioning of all groups programs in-country.
- Work with the Groups Program Director to implement systems and processes to ensure adherence to operations/program standards.
- Oversee training and onboarding of all new staff and groups.
- Ensure health and safety and safeguarding of all participants, chaperones, staff and partners whilst on program.
- Manage all group schedules, ensuring all staff and participants know what they’re doing and when they are doing it, and the day-to-day functions smoothly.
- Effectively manage any issues that come up on a day-to-day basis, including complaints, medical issues, natural disasters etc.
- Oversee supplier and partner management ensuring accommodation, transport and experiences adhere to GVI standards.
- Complete financial and overall reporting of groups, working with central teams to ensure efficient cost management
- Line manage the groups staff teams conducting performance reviews, career planning and coaching and mentoring.
- Conduct audits on partners and third-party suppliers.
- Work with Groups team to ensure in-country legal compliance and maintain desired legal status through accurate and timely reporting.
- Work with the Program Director and the People team, to ensure the availability of skilled, fully- trained and motivated field staff to meet the requirements outlined by the groups team.
- Research and partner outreach as required by the groups team to allow programs to scale.
What you will need
- Prior experience running/ managing participants on group or individual service or adventure programs
- Qualifications in one of the following: Emergency first response, Mountaineer, Wilderness Safety or equivalent
What we offer
- Monthly salary
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Emergency medical and travel insurance
In addition, GVI has the following perks:
- Training fund
- Social allowance
- Leadership development
- In-house counselling support
- Growth opportunities across our 17 locations!
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV along with a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you will be the best candidate for this position.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn’t always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.