This listing has expired.
Guest Services positions involve direct contact with our visitors and is their first impression of Dolphin Research Center. Candidates will be reliable, neat in appearance, exhibit a warm, friendly attitude, be flexible, take direction well, be computer literate and must love dolphins!
- Know basic content of each narrative session (CS staff will attend and observe these).
- Understanding each interactive program from cost to content, length, restrictions and daily availability for reservations and walk-in (staff members in CS experience each program)
- Be able to give basic information on published research projects (surface understanding – we have greater detailed handouts for guests who are more intensely interested in these projects).
- Direct questions to appropriate Education staff member regarding the various education opportunities (i.e. DRC Training Institute (DRCTI), Dolphin Labs/Dolphin Camps, Distance Learning) and provide appropriate literature and contact information.
- Understand Special Needs Department protocol and use it for interactive programs and walk-in guest.
- Assist the Visual Communication Department with the editing and sales of photos.
- Process membership purchases application.
- Follow procedures regarding members arriving at DRC.
- Process admissions in addition to walk-in interactive programs.
- Maintain communication with Animal Care and Training Staff for availability of programs.
- Know protocol for guests visiting our facility during a wild cetacean stranding and why it is extremely crucial to follow the protocol.
- Perform opening/closing and balancing of end-of-day reports.
- At end of day, restock public restrooms and take out rubbish/recyclables daily.
Abilities and Skills:
- Must foster a love for, and protection of, our animals and marine environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills for assisting visitors of all countries and languages and anticipate their needs often based on limited knowledge of English.
- Maintains a calm demeanor under stress or stressful situations.
- Can deal with difficult people and situations.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding our research, animals, and staff.
- Neat in appearance, confident speaking voice, and works well both with others, or independently without instruction.
- Comfortable using computers and multiple software applications.
- Use of cash registers or cash drawers, both computerized and manual; be able to count change back without using a register if necessary.
- Must be extremely flexible in day-to-day operations of facility.
- Reliable and on time daily.
- Weekend work is required.