GVI is one of the world’s leading, high-quality sustainable development and experiential education organisations. We are a social enterprise, and our mission is to build a global network of people who together can make a long-term positive impact on the world around us. We operate in 13 countries globally, employ 150+ staff and understand that the quality of us as an organisation and of our work will only ever be as high as the quality of the staff we employ. We are committed to employing, training and retaining the very best people in their chosen fields.
To join us on our journey to become the very best organization in our sector, we are looking for experienced, passionate managers whose backgrounds lie in conservation, and whose strengths lie in both staff and volunteer management. These managers will be responsible for the management of their communal base, which is shared with staff and volunteers, and will be focused on delivering high quality programs to participants from all over the world.
Our 2 hubs currently looking for Program Managers are Puerto Morelos, Mexico and Jalova, Costa Rica. Our Mexico base is focused on marine conservation, while our Jalova base is focused on wildlife. Therefore, these roles demand someone with extensive experience in sustainable development, ideally with a specific focus on either marine or wildlife conservation.
- Work with the Regional Director to deliver programs of the right type, quality focus and capacity
- Responsible for the organization, operations and running of all programs on base
- Oversee program logistics and budget
- Train and develop staff members and participants
- Supervise and mentor interns
- Responsible for Health and Safety
- Fluent Spanish and English
- 3+ years of staff management experience
- 3+ years of volunteer management experience
- Marine conservation education and/or field experience
- PADI Divemaster qualification (minimum) for the marine hub
- Experience working closely with community partners, ideally in remote locations
- Project/program management experience
If the above sounds like it matches your skills and ambitions to move forward with a career in sustainable development, please go to Careers Abroad and click on the specific management vacancy that suits your skill set best: http://www.careersabroad.co.uk/current-vacancies/
We look forward to hearing from you!