Picture yourself surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of Fiji’s turquoise waters, immersed in a world of discovery and growth. At GVI, we are excited to offer an extraordinary opportunity that marries learning, cultural immersion, and adventure in one of the world’s most captivating destinations.
Our current opening of Community Field Assistant in Fiji is an invitation to enhance your skills, broaden your horizons, and make a tangible impact. In partnership with the local community and other local partners, our work focuses on assessing environmental impacts, enriching available education, and solving basic infrastructure issues through improvement initiatives. As you contribute to meaningful projects, you’ll also have your full room and board covered, allowing you to fully embrace this immersive experience without any worries.
This is more than a job; it’s an opportunity to be part of something bigger, to learn from experts in your field, and to gain insights that will shape your future.
Role and responsibilities:
- To engage with our participants, and ensure the hub achieves long-term goals and objectives.
- Maximise talents and skills in a way that keeps the team engaged in the project work.
- Maintain a high level of Health and Safety in the field and on base.
- Ensure effective team communication is maintained at all times.
- Attend weekly meetings held by the Community Coordinator to discuss any challenges or additional jobs from the previous and coming week.
- Be available to assist all staff in day-to-day duties.
- Pick up and induction of new participants including logistics and delivery of presentations
- Experience in volunteering, preferably in community work
- Experience travelling/living in a foreign country
- Ability to live in a communal setting
- Teaching experience
- Comfortable holding presentations as well as leading discussions in the field of community and culture for larger groups
- Background in development work
- Must be physically able to lead volunteers on various activities
- Trained in First Aid
- TEFL Experience
If you’re ready to embrace the beauty of Fiji, expand your knowledge, and embark on an unforgettable journey of personal and professional growth then we would love to receive your application!
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise. We offer conservation and community development programs in 13 countries, all aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and led by our teams and experts from the communities we operate in.