This listing has expired.
Reports to: Groups Programs Director
Working location: Mexico
Start date: 26 July – 10 August 2023
Our planet is in crisis and inequality affects people around the globe. At GVI, our teams are choosing to take action. We bring a range of specialised skills together for a common goal: supporting a more sustainable future.
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise. We offer conservation and community development programs in 13 countries, all aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and led by our teams and experts from the communities we operate in.
Working at GVI is fast-paced and fun. We value passion, authenticity and innovation, and we treat each other with respect.
About the role
GVI is the world’s leading provider of international programs for people who want to contribute to conservation, climate change and social development.
The goal of the Groups Program Manager is to deliver world-leading groups programs in-country, by focusing on participant experience, impact, and costs. This is done by ensuring that the GVI groups programs in each region operate safely, efficiently and cost-effectively, with programs consistently being delivered ethically and to a high quality.
Role and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall effective functioning of all groups programs in-country.
- Work with the Groups Program Director to implement systems and processes to ensure adherence to operations/program standards.
- Oversee training and onboarding of all new staff and groups.
- Ensure health and safety and safeguarding of all participants, chaperones, staff and partners whilst on program.
- Manage all group schedules, ensuring all staff and participants know what they’re doing and when they are doing it, and the day-to-day functions smoothly.
- Effectively manage any issues that come up on a day-to-day basis, including complaints, medical issues, natural disasters etc.
- Oversee supplier and partner management ensuring accommodation, transport and experiences adhere to GVI standards.
- Complete financial and overall reporting of groups, working with central teams to ensure efficient cost management
- Line manage the groups staff teams conducting performance reviews, career planning and coaching and mentoring.
- Conduct audits on partners and third-party suppliers.
- Work with Groups team to ensure in-country legal compliance and maintain desired legal status through accurate and timely reporting.
- Work with the Program Director and the People team, to ensure the availability of skilled, fully- trained and motivated field staff to meet the requirements outlined by the groups team.
- Research and partner outreach as required by the groups team to allow programs to scale.
If you are ambitious, purpose-driven, and you have a great sense of humour, we want to meet you. As an organisation, we know that welcoming a broad range of people with unique identities makes us powerful and we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion practices.
- You have a background in hospitality, events, and/or tourism, and as such are exceptional at meeting and exceeding customer needs.
- You are organised, detail-oriented and people-focused, and comfortable liaising with people from all corners of the globe.
- You are passionate about sustainable development and being a part of making a positive difference.
Professional skills and experience:
- 3-5 years + of experience in the hospitality/operations / tourism industry
- Prior experience running / managing participants on group or individual service or adventure programs
Qualifications in one of the following: Emergency first response, Mountaineer, Wilderness Safety or
- PADI Dive Instructor
- Marine Experience
Here’s what our global team enjoys:
- Social fund
- Training fund
- Collaborative, flexible culture
- Transparency – hear directly from the CEO consistently
- We laugh a lot, genuinely care about and support each other, and do the occasional dress-up
- Leadership development
- In-house counselling support
- Growth opportunities across our 17 locations!
- Monthly salary
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Emergency medical and travel insurance
Please send your CV along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be best suited to this position at GVI.
GVI is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and values diversity in our organization. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn’t always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.