This listing has expired.
Do you want to:
- Lead an ecology team and further develop your track record in ecology?
- Help make a difference by better understanding and evidencing the state of our environment?
- Work in an entrepreneurial, growing company and help it grow faster?
We want you to have the following:
- Passion about the natural environment and sustainability with a view to problem-solving and negotiating to get the best for biodiversity.
- Team leadership and resource management experience.
- Track record in business development and client liaison, ideally in the renewable energy sector.
- Field ecology experience, with associated licences (including a bat licence with handling endorsement).
- Expertise in Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) and working knowledge of planning system including Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Developments of National Significance (DNS).
- 10+ years professional experience with a graduate or postgraduate degree in ecology, environmental management or related subject
- Hold, or be eligible for full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environment Management (CIEEM); and hold, or be eligible for, Chartered Ecologist and/or Chartered Environmentalist.
- Track record of producing high-quality reports and advising clients and other technical teams
- Willingness to collaborate across the Environment Systems business in the UK and internationally including on natural capital, agri-environment, remote sensing, GIS and modelling
If so, Environment Systems would like to hear from you!
Work will include managing the relationship with existing clients, identifying new opportunities and working with the sales team to close them, resource management, team management with targeted field survey and impact assessment work. Further development of the highly successful https://www.envsys.co.uk/book-bat-survey/ service.
The post is permanent and you will need to be based in Wales. The post will require travel across Wales and possibly the UK. Competitive salary package to be negotiated on the basis of qualifications and experience, and will form part of a benefits package, including: pension contribution; 25 days annual leave allowance (plus bank holidays); paid sick leave, death in service benefit.
Application is by short (2 page maximum) CV and covering letter emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm Wednesday 12th May. The covering letter should outline the reasons why you consider yourself to be suitable for this position and give concise examples on how your experience qualifies you for this role. Please include current salary details.
You are only eligible to apply for this position if you currently have a right to work in the UK.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.