This listing has expired.
Head of Information Management
Head of Information Management
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 pro rata per annum plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people. BirdLife is widely recognised as the world leader in bird conservation.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to maximise the value of the BirdLife Partnership’s science and conservation information assets to the organisation’s strategic outcomes, through the strategic planning, coordination, development, enhancement and maintenance of data management systems and tools.
BirdLife collects and manages world renowned science data used to guide the conservation of 10,000 species and 16,000 sites. The Head of Information Management will be responsible for managing, developing and maintaining data systems, websites and web applications for simple, effective, innovative and visually appealing data input, data management and data reporting, meeting the needs of the 120 national BirdLife Partners and multiple other clients, maximizing the use and current and emerging technologies and collaborations. The post holder will manage BirdLife’s Information Management team and will represent BirdLife’s information management work at a senior level, including committees and with donors, developers and collaborators.
The ideal candidate will have
- Robust and current knowledge of information management systems with a proven record of project design, management and implementation.
- A deep understanding of data (ideally conservation data but not essential), its interrelations, its relevance and value, its analysis and its presentation.
- Extensive experience of issues surrounding the custodianship of data provided by a dispersed and decentralised network and presented through multiple systems and collaborations.
- Experience in the application of cutting-edge approaches in the presentation of biodiversity information.
- Proven team management and strategy development skills
- Ability to combine technical competencies in IT and data analysis, an understanding of scientific and conservation, with leadership qualities and the ability to represent BirdLife’s information management in senior fora
- Proven experience in broader system architecture relevant to building harmonised approaches institutionally to information management
A detailed job description can be found here.
Closing date: 7 May 2018
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: [email protected]
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held week commencing 21 May 2018.