This listing has expired.
Supporting the Director of Conservation, the Head of Local Biodiversity leads a research team to drive WWF- Hong Kong’s advocacy and engagement efforts by providing the necessary evidence to engage with Government and other stakeholders on issues of local biodiversity.
The Head of Local Biodiversity will:
- work closely with the Chief Content Officer and his team;
- provide WWF-Hong Kong with research capacity and advice on local terrestrial and coastline conservation issues;
- build necessary synergies within WWF-Hong Kong, its partners and other stakeholders in support of the Biodiversity Strategic Action Plan;
- define WWF-Hong Kong’s policy position on issues such as land policy and environmental impact studies for development submissions;
- identify key areas of biodiversity across Hong Kong and the Greater Bay, adding to internal research mapping local biodiversity, such as the Living Planet Report, and will bring together the existing public body of research on local biodiversity.
WWF-Hong Kong is seeking an ecology or biology expert with experience in researching and preparing policy papers and environmental impact reports related to local biodiversity, ideally with a solid knowledge of the conservation and development issues unique to Hong Kong. The successful candidate will be an effective spokesperson and campaign strategist with the ability to build partnerships that support WWF-Hong Kong’s conservation efforts.
The successful candidate will have 7-10+ years’ field research experience and a PhD or MSc in a related field. Fluency in written and spoken English is required, and proficiency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be an advantage.
WWF-Hong Kong offers a 5-day work week and a competitive compensation and benefits package. The position will be based in our Kwai Hing offices with the expectation that there will be necessary periods of field work.
WWF will be supported in this appointment process by the executive search firm Perrett Laver. For further details, including job description, person specification and information on how to apply, please see www.perrettlaver.com/candidates quoting reference 3924. The deadline for applications is 12noon HKT Monday 21st January 2018.