The Woodland Trust is the UK’s leading woodland conservation charity. We want to see a world where trees and woods thrive for people and nature. The Trust engages and inspires people to make their difference tackling the nature and climate crisis helping protect, restore and create our vital woods and trees.
As part of the Woodland Trust’s strategy to 2030, there is renewed focus on engaging young people with the work of the Trust. Therefore, the Head of Youth Re-imagined is a newly created role fixed term role (with the potential for permanent) which will transform our relationship with young people. The focus of this role in the initial phase is to kick-start the new strategy and lay the foundations for successful engagement. This will involve:
- Developing a compelling narrative for Youth Re-Imagined, in order to support fundraising efforts with relevant teams across the Trust
- Providing credible and inspirational leadership, supporting the Executive and other staff in achieving a shared vision for and with young people
- Establishing metrics and monitoring key performance indicators linked to agreed Youth Re-Imagined objectives
- Co-designing innovative initiatives that will bring young people’s ideas and perspectives into the Trust’s strategy, decision-making and communications
- Responsibility for the Youth Re-Imagined budget spend and management account responsibility, including grant management, whilst understanding and collaborating on the resource demands elsewhere in the organisation
- Being responsible for developing and managing a small Youth Re-Imagined dedicated team
You’ll be a strategic leader with experience of enabling organisational change and continuous improvement. You will also be an effective communicator with the ability to engage and influence the decisions and actions of others. Being an expert in the development and delivery of strategies that embed young people across an organisation you will also have good knowledge of legislation and policies designed to safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
You’ll be an experienced senior manager with the ability to nurture a new team and excellent relationship management skills enabling you to develop strong partnerships across sectors and with key stakeholders.