This listing has expired.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to promote the Durrell’s work in the captive husbandry and breeding of amphibians and reptiles by working on the daily management of the animal collection and to ultimately play a crucial role in fulfilling Durrell’s mission of saving species from extinction.
Job title: Herpetology Keeper Grade 1
Reports to: Head of Herpetology / Deputy Head of Herpetology
Hours: Full Time (42.5 Hours per week)
- The role will include the daily husbandry of a diverse reptile and amphibian collection and associated invertebrate food colonies in conjunction with the other section staff;
- To deliver regular public engagement activities, including keeper talks as required about the animals on site to provide accurate, current and in-depth information relating to the breadth of conservation work of the Trust;
- Detailed daily record keeping, occasionally including research;
- Training of visiting students;
- Participation in wider zoo and conservation activities as required.
Download job description
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your completed application form and CV with cover letter to [email protected], clearly indicating for which position you wish to apply for.
Closing date for applications: Friday 31st January 2020