This listing has expired.
To be a Higher Education (HE) Student Placement with FSC you must be undertaking a UK-based higher education course where a 1-year work placement is a requirement. We are looking for candidates studying towards a degree in Geography, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Education or a closely allied discipline.
The role is to support our teaching staff in the delivery of field courses along with supporting other departments with a range of other residential and domestic duties. To be successful we need people who want to work with people, who are enthusiastic about the environment and keen to see that people are taught to understand and respect it better.
‘if you’re looking for a year in industry as part of your degree, and you are passionate about education and the environment then look no further…’
FSC HE Student Placements gain:
- Work experience that reflects an environmental educational charity.
- An opportunity to develop workplace skills and a respected referee for future job applications.
- Working knowledge of systems and processes relevant to education.
- Experience of working with people of all ages in the outdoors.
- The opportunity to develop identification skills and contribute to survey work.
- Opportunity to attend relevant training courses e.g. Health and Safety, risk assessment, first aid and water safety training.
- An overview of the customer service sector.
Within your application
You must ensure that your application includes examples of how you have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in meeting the requirements of the post detailed in both the job description and person specification.
Please also state what makes you the ideal candidate to be a Higher Education Student Placement with the FSC and what specific areas of your degree you want to develop during your placement year.
For the full details please see our vacancy pack.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 noon on Thursday 31 March 2022.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 28 April 2022 location to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email.