As part of the IT team, the IT Data Systems Intern will work with the Sr. Data Systems Administrator to provide day-to-day global support for Oceana’s cloud-based data systems. This position will work primarily with Oceana’s Constituent Relationship Management System (Salesforce), Financial System database (NetSuite), as well as ancillary programs including Timekeeping and Expense report (Nexonia), and HRIS (ADP), primarily marketing software (Engaging Networks), integration platforms (Jitterbit, Zapier, PayPal, Benevity), and Business Intelligence (MS Power BI) tools. This position will assist with system administration, troubleshoot system integration errors, design and implement reports and dashboards, and assist users with tasks as needed. The position will also provide user orientation training on various cloud systems and will assist with ongoing global data systems projects as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Global Help Desk Support for Cloud Data Systems
- Provide Oceana staff with day-to-day support for data systems’ tickets.
- Respond to support requests in a professional and efficient manner through Oceana’s ticketing system.
Data System Administration
- Manage user accounts: creating new accounts and terminating accounts.
- Troubleshoot integration errors.
- Resolve user timesheet issues.
- Maintain data integrity: identify and resolve duplicate records.
- Develop and implement reports and dashboards.
- Identify and clean up outdated reports.
- Provide user training for new employees.
- Identify and develop user guides for system processes.
Education and work experience:
- Anticipated or recently received bachelor’s degree in IT, Information systems or related field and course work with data systems.
- OR Certification within a cloud-based data system like Salesforce or NetSuite.
Skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Cloud data system administration: NetSuite, Nexonia, Salesforce, ADP WFN, PayPal Preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, MS O365/Office, especially with MS Excel, including pivot tables and advanced formulas
- Knowledge of DB scripting languages and reporting functionality in various tools.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicated Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Tech Savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
Click “Apply Now” to learn more about this position.
Oceana values a diverse workforce and welcomes people different from each other in many ways, including characteristics such as race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and national origin. Oceana considers all qualified candidates and seeks to recruit from a diverse candidate pool.
Note: Oceana requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination against Covid. Accommodation for new hires who have disabilities that make the vaccine medically inadvisable or those who have a sincere religious belief that the vaccine is impermissible may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodation will be provided only as required by applicable law.
Beginning June 1, 2022, Oceana’s US offices will be open on a hybrid schedule. This schedule is mandatory and staff are required to work from their assigned office on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. With agreement between the employee and their supervisor, the employee may work from home Monday and Friday.
Oceana was established by a group of leading foundations — The Pew Charitable Trusts, Oak Foundation, Marisla Foundation (formerly Homeland Foundation), Sandler Foundation, and the Rockefeller Brothers Fund — after a 1999 study they commissioned discovered that less than 0.5 percent of all resources spent by environmental nonprofit groups in the United States went to ocean advocacy.
No organization was working exclusively to protect and restore the oceans on a global scale. To fill the gap, our founders created Oceana: an international organization focused solely on oceans, dedicated to achieving measurable change by conducting specific, science-based policy campaigns with fixed deadlines and articulated goals.
The Ocean Law Project — also initiated by The Pew Charitable Trusts — was absorbed into Oceana in 2001 as Oceana’s legal arm. In 2002, Oceana merged with American Oceans Campaign, founded by actor and environmentalist Ted Danson, to more effectively address our common mission of protecting and restoring the world’s oceans.
Since its founding, Oceana has won more than 225 victories and protected more than 4.5 million square miles of ocean. Find out more about how Oceana is helping to save the oceans victory by victory.