This listing has expired.
Under the direct supervision of the Protected Areas, and Biodiversity Programme manager, the position holder will be responsible for supporting the programme and other team members in implementing project activities according to IUCN guidelines and Policies. The position entails regular interactions with peers from regional partners, national administrations, and regional organisations on complex issues.
This position reports directly to the Protected areas and Biodiversity programme manager in the Regional office for West Asia – ROWA, while interfacing with other programme managers, project coordinators, finance, admin and communications staff of ROWA and other IUCN offices.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support in the implementation of the programme and project activities in accordance with agreed work plans and IUCN procedures.
- Perform background research and analysis around key questions/themes based on the guidance provided by the programme manager.
- Compile literature reviews and relevant documents/links, as well as draft summaries, synthesis reports, fact sheets and issue briefs, infographics, etc. related to the programme activities.
- Contribute to the development of new proposals by carrying out background research, risk, and opportunity assessments of potential new business partners.
- Assist in compiling, managing and communicating spatial and non-spatial information on biodiversity and protected areas in the ROWA region.
- Assist with administrative functions necessary for the programme implementation (e.g. setting up conference calls, taking minutes, maintaining distribution lists, creating surveys, processing contracts, booking venues, managing invitee lists, assisting with travel logistics).
- Assist the programme manager and team members in developing technical progress reports, and keeping track of financial records.
- Support the development and dissemination of communication and knowledge products, including internal production and quality assurance processes (e.g. completeness checks, organize proofreading and formatting/layout, etc);
- Assist in updating the IUCN ROWA website and social media (Facebook, Twitter) with the programme news , in Arabic and English where applicable;
(iv) Other duties:
- Work closely with the protected Areas and Biodiversity Programme manager to secure and sustain Funds for the programme.
- Represent effectively IUCN and its partners in local/ regional events when needed.
- Assist with maintaining strong relationships with relevant IUCN partners and members maintaining communication, efficient collaboration and a spirit of service to the project’s beneficiaries.
- Ensure that the project’s compliance with IUCN’s procedures and other applicable procedures.
- Assist in updating the project portal regularly in coordination with the project/ programme manager.
- University Degree in Environmental Sciences, Natural Resource Management, or a relevant field.
- Between 1 – 4 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Experience in International organizations or internationally donor funded projects would be an added advantage.
- Have background information in GIS and or other mapping and database software would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated fund raising ability.
- Proficient in the use of office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other web-based management systems
- Fluent in English (verbal/written) and the language of the duty station
The above job description contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position. However, IUCN, staff members are expected to show flexibility in their approach to work and be willing to undertake other tasks that are reasonably allocated to them but which are not part of their regular job description. Where any task becomes a regular part of an employee’s responsibilities, the job description will be changed in consultation with the employee and the Human Resources Management Group.