This listing has expired.
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) is an internationally operating conservation organisation based in Germany that has been implementing conservation projects in Africa, South America, South-East Asia and Europe for many decades. The FZS Europe Programme safeguards large, biodiverse wilderness areas, mainly in Eastern Europe.
The FZS Europe Department is looking for a
Junior Communications Officer
You will support the planning, design and implementation of a series of communication related activities and will draft and share relevant information via on- and offline media channels with a wider international audience in order to achieve higher project visibility and engagement. Your communications expertise will be needed for the FZS projects in Kazakhstan, Belarus/Polesia, Wolf Mountains (Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine) and Ukraine – especially to comply with the requirements of external donors. You will act as an intermediary between the FZS Europe Department, the FZS Communications Department as well as project staff.
MAIN TASKS AND DUTIES
- Help develop and extend our communications strategy online and offline
- Report from the field work of our project staff
- Produce exciting videos of our project activities
- Feed social media channels with all popular formats (text, images, videos and stories)
- Help to build a community and manage community feedback
- Analyse target audiences and tailor output accordingly
- Monitor success of your communications output as well as the public responses
- Support travel planning and organising meetings and events
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- MSc or equivalent advanced degree in communications, conservation, biology, forestry, environmental studies or related fields
- First experience in international project management/communication, preferably in the field of conservation/wilderness
- Passion for and thorough understanding of wilderness conservation as well as communications
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and the ability to target specific audiences
- Experience in working with website content management systems and social media
- Strong talent in creating and editing media material such as infographics, photos, videos clips, audio files etc.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- English language at native-speaker level required, Russian or Ukrainian language skills are a plus
Please send us your application (as one single PDF incl. a motivation letter, CV, qualifying certificates and work samples) together with your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date to [email protected]. In your motivation letter please answer the following questions on one page:
- Why would you like to work for FZS?
- Which qualifications and personal qualities make you a good candidate for this position?
The full-time position will be based in Lviv, Ukraine, and is initially limited to two years. In the first year of employment, you will stay for several weeks/ months in the FZS Headquarter in Frankfurt. Willingness to travel and visit project areas frequently is a prerequisite for employment.
Frankfurt Zoological Society
Marthe Braun, Human Resources
Bernhard-Grzimek-Allee 1 60316
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 08TH SEPTEMBER 2019
Learn more about FZS and our work at fzs.org.