This listing has expired.
Harper Adams University is looking to recruit a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to play a key role in the delivery of animal behaviour and welfare modules as well as lead on zoological and conservation.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role will include contributing to and the development of teaching from the following modules related to the University’s programmes; Animal Management and Welfare; Introduction to Animal Behaviour, Welfare and Ethics; Principles of Animal Behaviour and Welfare; Philosophy of Zoos; Harper-Keele Vet School teaching on Zoos and Conservation Breeding.Participation in and development of the reach-out and research activity of the department.
Undertaking the duties of a member of academic staff including participation in the organisation and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate projects, involvement in the supervision of students during their placement period and participation in the broader academic and corporate life of the University, which will require occasional weekend work. All other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the post and the salary range of the grade.
Key qualifications, skills and experience required
- A first degree in relevant topic area such as animal behaviour and welfare, zoology
- Postgraduate qualification in appropriate subject area
- Experience in participation in the delivery of teaching or professional related training, preferably at Higher Education level
- Experience with zoo and animal conservation environments
- Extensive experience or a Higher degree/Postgraduate study to develop the specialist skills required for teaching and research
- Research and Knowledge Transfer and related publications
- High level interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously as the needs demands
If you have any queries or questions or for an informal discussion please contact Dr Malgorzata Behnke at [email protected]