This listing has expired.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ambitious Licenced Bat Ecologists to join our experienced and friendly ecology teams in our Cheshire, Hertfordshire, Leeds, Kent and Coventry offices.
- Work as a close-knit team with a strong focus on sharing expertise through training and professional development.
- Our team undertakes a vast range of interesting projects for a wide range of clients.
- We regularly undertake international ecology work including recent surveys in Africa and across Europe.
- Our highly supportive ecology team includes NE Bat trainers, BSBI county-recorders, university lecturers and directors/trustees of nature conservation charities.
- We can choose to work a 4-day week in the winter to compensate for longer working hours in the summer.
- We regularly organise in-house specialist training including bat hibernation surveys and bat mist netting.
- Our Ecology team undertake a yearly Bioblitz and training day
To find out more about the Ecology team and projects follow us on Twitter @RSKEcology.
Licensed Bat Ecologist – Hemel Hempstead/Tonbridge/Coventry/Leeds/Helsby
As an ecologist at RSK you can expect to get involved with all elements of field surveys and project management.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating and undertaking Phase 1 habitat and protected species surveys
- Designing and implementing mitigation strategies
- Financial management of projects
- Production of tenders and reports
- Project management, report writing and delivery
- Managing and mentoring junior members of the team
- At least three years relevant experience or proven, previous experience in a similar role
- Protected species licence for bats
- Good team player, with the ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm, energy and drive to develop skills and deliver projects to the highest standard
- Excellent report writing skills, including survey reports, protected species licence applications and tenders.
- Experience with all aspect of bat survey, assessment and sound analysis
- Full driving licence
- Full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held)
Salary and benefits:
- £commensurate with experience
- 4-day week in the winter to compensate for longer working hours in the summer
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that’s consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Kate Pine, HR Advisor on 01928 728156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.