We are currently seeking a seasonal Ecologist to provide temporary support to our Ecology team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out habitat and protected species surveys during the upcoming survey season (April – September). Data analysis and report writing may also be required.
It is essential that applicants can commit to flexible, often anti-social, working hours. Travel will be a vital part of this role so a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is required.
Working with our Ecology team, the successful candidate will gain experience in ecological survey techniques, whilst helping to support the critical aspects of our service.
The right candidate should have the following attributes:
- Interest in pursuing a career in ecology/environmental work;
- Able to commit to weekday evening work;
- Knowledge of UK wildlife and ecology;
- Experience of undertaking bat or other wildlife surveys;
- Good observational and recording skills;
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate effectively;
- Excellent time management;
- An EPS licence would be desirable, but not essential.
This role will be a temporary position, lasting between 3-6 months.
A competitive salary (pro-rata) is offered along with additional benefits and opportunity for flexible working.
This role is based at our Northamptonshire office, however travel between offices (Oxfordshire) is anticipated.
To apply, please follow this link – https://lockhart-garratt.co.uk/job/seasonal-field-ecologist-2018-season/