This listing has expired.
FSC wants to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it – especially now when our planet is facing issues such as climate change and loss of biodiversity. We offer a range of field studies courses to visiting groups across our centres based all over the UK in stunning locations. For further details click here – https://www.field-studies-council.org/centres/
We are looking for a Maintenance Officer with experience in general interior and exterior maintenance work, with the ability to deliver quality craftmanship as well as experience of the safe use & care of relevant machinery and equipment for indoor and outdoor maintenance tasks.
Location: FSC Malham Tarn, Settle, North Yorkshire
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration – Permanent/Annualised
The successful applicant will need to hold a driving licence as they will be required to drive FSC vehicles. Experience of grounds maintenance & health and safety monitoring & record keeping is desirable. Good practical problem-solving skills and the ability to work using own initiative are a must. The successful candidate will be working on-site at one of our beautiful locations, FSC Malham Tarn, as part of a small, welcoming, and committed team.
For the full job description please click to apply
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate:
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of their work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
As an Investors in People charity, we realise that to achieve our vision we need diverse teams of staff who have a wide range of skills, a real passion for the work of the charity and a pride in their role within it. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference and every role is vital to delivering our mission and vision…if this inspires you, we would love to hear from you.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Andrea Leng on 01729 830331. We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 17th September 2021
We may close this vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications and will arrange interviews accordingly.