Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation is looking for a “Marine Mammal Team Supervisor and Supervisor Assistant” to join us as soon as possible (November) at our research bases, located in the NE Aegean islands. The position will be open until filled.
For over 20 years, Archipelagos has been carrying out research and conservation work collecting data and monitoring the populations of dolphins, whales, monk seals and sea turtles of the region, assessing habitats and population status as well as the impact of the different factors impacting them. Knowledge acquired in this way enables us to develop successful, targeted management and conservation plans. More information can be found at http://archipelago.gr/en/our-work/marine-mammals/
ESSENTIAL REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- MSc Degree in a related field.
- Managing and training students and volunteers and demonstrated leadership, supervision, and team building skills.
- Knowledge of methods of data collection and principles and techniques of research and analysis, in particular: bioacoustics technics, P-ID, behaviour, GIS,data analysis and modelling.
- Previous experience in research conservation projects and field surveys on marine mammals.
- Able to conduct fieldwork in all weather conditions and be comfortable to spend long time on a research vessel.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and good computer skills.
- Ability to write scientific reports and papers.
- Work during weekends and holidays when required.
- Driver’s license.
Experience in field research projects on marine mammal, boat-basedsurvey, bioacoustics and GIS.
Lipsi and Samos Islands, Greece.
Supervisor: salary according to experience, plus accommodation and full board.
Assistant: initially we offer accommodation and full board, and this can be later extended to also include financial compensation.