This listing has expired.
Salary: Competitive and Rewarding + Benefits
Location: Flexible across the UK
The APEM Group is a global environmental consultancy, we work with a range of clients including large corporations and governments to help them understand and solve a wide variety of environmental projects in the UK and globally.
Our successful pioneering work has attracted investment and enabled us to grow and combine forces with other businesses who share our ethos and integrity. At our core, our people are working towards the protection of the environment across the globe.
Why join us?
Do you have an interest in wildlife and the natural world?
Are you interested in working flexibly for a world class environmental consultancy?
We have a spot available right now in our Image analysis team. Initially for 6 months these roles will give you a good insight into the world of environmental consultancy, and could help you decide where you would like to take your career next.
The role will be UK, home based. You will be expected to assist in image processing, data handling, image analysis and project work as required. Many of the images that you will have to interpret are of birds and marine mammals in the marine environment. An interest in wildlife, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to identify Britain’s common birds and/or marine mammals is essential.
For the right candidate there may be opportunities for progression within the role itself as well as progression into other areas of APEM’s business.
About the role
One of the main roles of the ornithology team is to organise, undertake and analyse aerial surveys of birds – particularly offshore. Coupled with this is the need for expert advice and interpretation, including EIA and HRA. The team uses robust science to find solutions for both the private and public sectors.
The main purpose of this role is to assist in image processing, data handling and image analysis.
This role is being advertised on a 6 months fixed term contract.
- Successful applicants should preferably have a degree in biology/environmental science/remote sensing or relevant experience in bird identification or other ornithology or marine mammal related work.
- You will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work to tight deadlines.
- You will be an active team player.
- Understanding of MS Office packages such as Excel and some experience of GIS software packages is essential.
- Previous experience undertaking ornithology fieldwork surveys would be desirable.
- You must be able to record data carefully and systematically, and write clearly.
- Flexibility and reliability are key requirements in this role and a good attention to detail is required.
- Image processing
- Data handling
- Image analysis
- Careful and systematic recording of data to a high standard
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive team. If you can’t tick every box above, then we are still keen to hear from you and are open to supporting your development. That may be working part time or supporting you to gain experience in a specific area – we are a growing company and are able to adapt roles to reflect individual skills. We may also have an associated role that might be of interest.
We expect significant interest in this flexible and rewarding role. If you think you have what it takes to join our fast-growing business, then please apply immediately on our website. All we need some basic information and your CV, we will review all applications quickly and will respond to all applications.