Successful candidates will be able to effectively promote Reef Relief’s mission and gain new support through fundraising, recruiting new memberships, setting up and organizing tabling events, and reaching new followers through Reef Relief’s social media outlets. Seeking candidates who are currently in college or who have recently graduated with an interest in marketing, fundraising, and/or marine science.
- Organizing at least one new Reef Relief fundraiser or membership drive
- Assisting with annual fundraisers by collecting silent auction and raffle prizes, advertising events on social media, and being present at all fundraisers
- Create new and captivating material for Reef Relief’s social media platforms, e-newsletters, and website blog
- Set up and preform public outreach at all Reef Relief tabling events by talking to the community about our programs, memberships, and our retail selection
- Assist with other Reef Relief programs such as monthly clean up events, visiting schools to help carry out our Discover Coral Reefs School Program, and canvassing businesses to join our Skip the Straw and Protect Your Skin, Protect Our Reefs sunscreen campaigns.
- Possess a degree or are currently studying marketing, marine science, or related field.
- Strong interest in marine science
- Have their own technology
- Understanding of social media outlets
- Experience with the program Canva