This listing has expired.
DRC is a not-for-profit education and research facility dedicated to teaching, learning and caring for marine mammals and the environment we share. We are home to a colony of Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins and California Sea Lions.
- Assist in medical procedures, treatments, and monitoring animal health.
- Assist in coordination and administration of treatment plans.
- Collect diagnostic samples and perform routine laboratory procedures (cytology, microbiology, hematology)
- Clean and maintain medical equipment.
- Organize and maintain inventory of supplements, medicines, and medical supplies.
- Maintain accurate medical records, procedures manual, and government documentation.
- Collect and analyze data from medical and husbandry records.
- Research sources and specifications of drugs, supplies, and equipment.
- Participate in assessment and rescue of manatees.
- Assist in necropsies.
- Assist in administrative duties including budget preparations, note taking, and correspondence.
- Position requires a highly motivated, energetic, versatile, and flexible team player, with a BS or BA, certification as a veterinary technician, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills a must.
- Computer skills a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Requires attention to detail and a strong desire to learn.
- Must be able to manage own time, work independently, and have the ability to identify and solve problems of varying scope and complexity.
- As with any position in the medical field, hours must be flexible and based on the needs of the animals.
- Must be able to work weekends and more than eight hours per day.
- Experience in radiology and ultrasonography a plus.
- Interest or experience in complementary/alternative therapies also a plus.