This listing has expired.
Mirova Natural Capital Ltd (MC) is an experienced and recognized asset manager with an impact-driven approach to innovative investment solutions dedicated to the mitigation of and the adaptation to climate change and the protection of landscapes, biodiversity, soils and maritime resources.
The Amazon Biodiversity Fund (ABF) is a new, R$60m fund of Mirova Natural Capital Ltd (MNC), dedicated to investing in the Brazilian Amazon. ABF will provide venture and growth finance for transformational businesses that have a positive impact on biodiversity and communities in the Amazon.
The Investment Analyst is a critical member of a small, dynamic team of front office staff for the Amazon Biodiversity Fund (ABF), based in São Paulo. He/she is responsible for analysing new deals in the pipeline, supporting deal development and on-going monitoring of the portfolio.
The Investment Analyst will maintain high professional standards to build trust and mutual respect with the Fund’s counterparts and will report to the Investment Director.
- Perform technical analyses (financial, agronomic, etc.) and market research on target sectors, investees and business plans;
- Support the preparation of investment and divestment memorandums and other documentation as may be required by the Fund’s committees;
- Support the analysis and reporting of investees to investors and regulatory authorities;
- Help to maintain the portfolio and deal valuations up to date;
- Support the operations of the Fund, liaising with back-office staff as required;
- Occasional travel to investees in Amazônia, as required.
- Strong organisational and process management skills;
- Track record of impact investment / VC / PE investment analysis;
- Experience of impact transactions in Brazil;
- At least 3 years of experience in an impact investment/asset management role in Brazil;
- Strong interest in conservation, sustainable agriculture and carbon markets.
- Postgraduate level degree in relevant subject area (such as impact investment, finance, etc);
- Fluent in English and Brazilian Portuguese;
- Based in Sao Paulo;
- Ability to undertake frequent travel across Brazil and occasional visits to UK.