Learn how to design conservation strategies that have more impact.
30% unemployment discount available.
About WildTeam UK: WildTeam UK is a not-for-profit charity which designs and delivers training in key skills that help conservationists to increase their impact.
To date we have trained over 800 conservationists from 68 countries.
What is this workshop? An online training workshop, run over 6 weeks, with weekly live teaching sessions and pre-recorded training videos to work from in your own time.
Using modern video communications software, we do everything we can to recreate the best of the interactive classroom environment, while offering you the flexibility to learn when and where you want.
What will you learn? In this workshop you will be guided through each step in designing an effective strategy for achieving your conservation goals. You will learn how to:
- Engage stakeholders: ensure that the right groups are involved in developing your strategy
- Conduct a situation analysis: understand the full range of issues to consider when developing your strategy
- Define your goals: create a theory of change to clearly show what your project seeks to achieve
- Plan the work: identify what you need to do to achieve your goals
- Set your monitoring approach: document how you will measure progress towards achieving the desired impact
- Adapt your strategy: develop the right strategy for your needs and situation.
Why do this workshop?
- Increase the efficiency and impact of any conservation project
- Acquire a qualification and certificate in conservation strategy development
- Get expert training and support from our team via email, Zoom and WildHub
- Have the flexibility to learn when and where you want.
Where: Anywhere (online)
When: 10th February – 17th March 2021 (3 hours learning each week)
2 live sessions available each week, to fit with your schedule:
10am or 6pm GMT
How much: £180 (standard rate: bursaries available. See here for details)
Unemployment discount: if you are currently unemployed and are not in full-time education, get a 30% discount on a WildTeam workshop if you sign up before 10th Feb 2021. See here for details.
See the online training page of our website for more details.
“I find the SDWC approach really user-friendly. The training has given me the skills and confidence to embark on strategy development for wildlife conservation of any sized project.”
Nikki Tagg, Born Free Foundation
“Having been researching various methods for strategy development, I was excited to come across the SDWC course – I wasn’t disappointed. There was a great balance between theory and the opportunity to apply what you were learning to real-world examples (including our own projects). I have already started thinking about how to use SDWC processes in my work.”
Heather Gurd, Social Impact Manager, Marwell Zoo
“Very relevant for running a conservation project. The mix of personal study and online group sessions made the courses very flexible, productive and enjoyable. Would thoroughly recommend!”
Rachel Cripps, Red Squirrel Field Officer, Lancashire Wildlife Trust
“Learning this way of structuring the strategy development will help me break down my work plans into more manageable tasks.”
Alexa Piggott, Research Assistant, Oregon State University