This listing has expired.
Located in the UK, US, Colombia, Peru and South Africa, Animal Defenders International is a charity working to end the suffering of animals in captivity and protect wild animals and their environments. Where our evidence has been a catalyst for change, we collaborate with governments to conduct large-scale seizures of captive wild animals, relocating them to forever homes and back to their natural habitats where possible. The ADI Wildlife Sanctuary has been established to provide a permanent home to rescued ex-circus animals.
About the role
Animal Defenders International is seeking an Operations Manager for our ADI Wildlife Sanctuary (ADIWS) in South Africa. Proven experience in a similar role is required. This is a unique opportunity to help run and develop a newly established sanctuary which is currently home to 26 lions rescued by ADI from circuses in Latin America. Accommodation will be provided.
Management of daily sanctuary operations including:
- Estate maintenance and management
- Animal care staff
- Work schedules and rosters
- Health and Safety of animals and people
- Reports to sanctuary directors and senior management
- Implements and enforces ADI policies and management directives
- Recruitment and ongoing training of estate and animal care staff
- Supervision, training, management of volunteers
- Proven operations management skills (minimum 5 years)
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills
- Flexible, positive approach to work; responds well to demanding environment
- Team player, supportive of others
- Self motivated, with total commitment to the aims and objectives of ADI and the care of our rescued animals
Dependent upon experience
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
An application pack will be provided to candidates meeting the requirements of the role
No telephone enquiries please