This listing has expired.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person as we are looking to completely refresh all of our communications and marketing. You’ll play a key part in this and will be responsible for delivering comprehensive, targeted and engaging content across various marketing and communications platforms. You’ll have a passion for communicating with and inspiring our supporters across the world.
You’ll also assume dedicated tasks including helping to administer the orangutan adoption scheme, processing donations, assisting with fundraising activities and campaigns, liaising with supporters, as well as other tasks to aid the successful operation of the charity.
- Devise a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy
- Develop innovative multimedia campaigns and implement content across all channels including:
- Social Media
- Bi-annual Newsletter
- Printed and digital marketing material
- Any other supporter communications
- Develop marketing campaigns and our digital presence to drive funding and awareness
- Monitor and evaluate external communications
- Respond to media enquiries and write and distribute press releases
- Assist in administering the adoptions scheme, process donations and merchandise orders
- Respond to supporter enquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Write informative and engaging updates on the orangutans and create content for any additions to the scheme
- Actively seek opportunities to improve communications and relationships with supporters, the media and with a wider audience
- Compile, publish and distribute regular updates and communications
- Undertake research and present findings
- Produce quarterly updates for the manager and trustees
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in working in marketing and communications
- Successful track record of designing and delivering marketing communications campaigns – including content creation (print and digital) and evaluation
- Experience in digital design, social media and ideally website administration
- Ability to write in a variety of styles and possess a clear understanding of how to tailor communications to convey our messages most effectively
- Ability to work autonomously yet able to take direction
- A passion for wildlife conservation
Salary: from £23,000 per annum based on experience
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm (office based)
First interviews will be conducted over video call.
About Orangutan Appeal UK
We are conservation charity based in Brockenhurst, Hampshire committed to providing a sustainable future for the critically endangered orangutan. We currently have three highly dedicated team members who have a passion for wildlife conservation, and we’re led by our board of trustees. We work closely with Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre in Borneo. For over 20 years have been instrumental in the rescue, rehabilitation and release of orphaned and displaced orangutans, as well as providing support to other conservation projects in Borneo including wildlife rescue, reforestation and education.