This listing has expired.
Location: Puerto Morelos, Mexico
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
About the role
The position is in GVI HUB in Puerto Morelos Mexico right smack in the Mexican Caribbean. The Dive coordinator will be the lead diver for all in water activities in base. There will be times in your GVI journey when all staff will be requested to assist with different projects or activities , and other times where your tasks differ from your formal job description. In the main however, your role and responsibilities will be as follows.
What you will do
- Dive Training – work with the instructor team to train international volunteers and local community members in PADI Scuba courses, from basic Open water level to professional Dive Master level. Including PADI diving specialty course where possible.
- Organizing and assuring the Emergency First Responder training is given to participants, staff and community members.
- Keeping base first aid equipment up to date, available and in good condition.
- Ensuring strict monitoring and scheduling of scuba equipment maintenance.
- Assisting with the logistics and upkeep required to run a GVI marine conservation base.
- Basic Maintenance of dive equipment and dive equipment area in base as required per GVI Standards.
- Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety through on-going proactive review of safety standards and training.
- Assisting in the day to day management of a large group of international volunteer.
- Assist in maintaining GVI standards in base and in off base accommodations.
You will have
- To understand and demonstrate our core values and mission.
- To organize schedules and activities to comply with all responsibilities.
- To work in a team, coordinating activities to assure all program objectives are fulfilled.
- To interact with local staff and partners to coordinate activities and projects.
- To generate and maintain necessary PADI liability forms, medical history forms and /or any other PADI required document for GVI participants and staff.
- To generate and maintain participant file folders as per GVI´s confidential information policy, guaranteeing the security the participants personal information.
- To keep a data base of staff diving certifications and diving insurance.
- To follow GVI Staff Conduct Guidelines.
- To write reports of activities and equipment and material inventory as required.
- To undertake the duty of staff in base, being responsible to respond to any emergency needs from participants or in base during your shift.
- To undertake shopping trips for materials and equipment needed in base for program activities.
- To coordinate with management for the shopping of PADI material needed for courses and certifications.
- To liaison with local and foreign dive organizations and associations as needed.
- Generate a data library with information for dive sites used by GVI ( GPS cords, depth, etc).
- Other duties as per needed for the development of the program and agreed with your line manager.
- Make sure funds for PADI material is allocated to the HUB account.
- All PADI courses need for each intake scheduled, done and certified.
- All participants receive EFR training, does requiring gain EFR certification.
- Dive gear, material, equipment, and area organized, accessible and ready for use.
- Ensure EFR course materials and equipment organized, accessible and ready for use and ensure base first aid ready to be use.
- Monthly area reports turned in on specified dates with all information required.
- Undertake at least 2 skills training courses related to responsibilities to keep up to date industry standards.
- Other duties as per agreed with your line manager
What you will need
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor with active status
- Professional Dive Instructor Insurance
- Experience working with people from a range of backgrounds
- EFR Instructor teaching status up to date
- Passion for marine conservation
- Dedication and proven experience managing safe diving standards
- Dive equipment maintenance qualification (Ideally: Aqualung & Tusa)
- Basic IT skills
Please note that it is GVI Policy that all staff members are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
What we offer
- Monthly salary
- Accommodation whilst on program
- Food whilst on base
- Visa costs (if applicable) – Initial visa costs (once obtained, the follow-up payments to maintain the work visa are the responsibility of the visa holder)
- Emergency medical and travel insurance
In addition, GVI has the following perks:
- Covid-19 testing costs
- Phone allowance
- DM/instructor annual PADI costs are covered by GVI (Once a one-year contract has been fulfilled)
- Training fund
- Social allowance
- Leadership development
- In-house counselling support
- Growth opportunities across our 17 locations!
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV / complete the short application form / along with a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you will be the best candidate for this position.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn’t always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.