The Marketing and Communications Officer of Fundacion Para La Tierra is responsible for sharing our work with national and international audiences; carrying out external communications with potential visitors and for the advertising our internship and volunteer programs.
You will be joining the Fundacion at a time of great opportunities and challenges. With Paraguay slowly coming out of the pandemic, we’re ready to expand and grow. There is significant potential to enhance our national and international profile and to succeed you’ll need to be flexible and creative to make the most of this ever-changing context.
You’ll make a life changing step to the charismatic city of Pilar in southern Paraguay and join our dynamic and motivated team living at Centro IDEAL (Investigacion, Desarollo, Educacion Ambiental y Liderzgo).
Fundacion Para La Tierra’s vision is to change the course of Paraguayan environmentalism by involving stakeholders and proposing policy based on solid science. We work with local community members, national and international NGOs, international volunteers and interns, and the government to inspire people to appreciate the value of nature, and to work together to protect it.
We’re looking for a Marketing and Communications Officer with a strong track record of working on multi-faceted and ambitious programs. The successful candidate will have an excellent level of both written and spoken English and Spanish. They will have experience of managing social media accounts, and preparing public media articles fit for a wide range of audiences. This opportunity would be perfect for someone looking for a change of pace, a new adventure, and personal and professional growth and development.
The duties of the Marketing and Communications Officer include:
- Advertising of intern, volunteers and staff positions.
- Communicating with potential and incoming interns and volunteers.
- Coordinating our social media activities, including researching current news/trends and relevant accounts, publishing posts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn; and monitoring and driving engagement across all platforms.
- Developing and distributing promotional materials.
- Writing and distributing the newsletter, and constantly growing the receiving audience.
- Driving our media, public relations, and other outreach activities.
Administrative tasks such as internal coordination, updating the communications agenda and editorial plan, research tasks, contact database management etc.
- Supporting further development of Para La Tierra’s communications structures and processes.
- Good aesthetic sense: An eye for design and layouts, and can contribute your own creative ideas.
- Enthusiasm for all aspects of communications – from developing a comprehensive outreach strategy, to meticulously implementing it through all channels.
- Passion for conservation and environmental science.
- Ability to act quickly and positively under pressure.
Key skills and experience:
- A minimum undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a field of study with a focus on communication (e.g. marketing, communication studies, PR, graphic design, online marketing etc.)
- Fluent written and spoken English and an advanced level of written and spoken Spanish.
- Applied knowledge of website CMS (Squarespace, WordPress, Wagtail etc.); Social Media services (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), including Social Media management tools; and newsletter services such as Mailchimp.
- Applied knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Applied knowledge of graphical design software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator).
- An understanding of global conservation issues.
Desirable skills and experience in addition to above:
- A clean, manual driving licence with 4×4 driving experience.
- Experience working abroad or across different cultures.
Conditions and Applications
Full time, permanent live-in, paid position with no expenses (full bed and board provided), and six weeks paid holiday, plus national vacation days. Potential to earn more based on performance. Two year fixed term following a minimum of six months training period. Most of our staff are able to save a large amount of what they earn, and live well. You must apply for legal residency in Paraguay during your stay.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements of this role; why you are interested in this position; and how working with PLT fits with your career plans, to email@example.com.
Closing date: Rolling applications until the right candidate is found
About Para La Tierra
We’re dedicated to conserving fragile habitats in Paraguay through scientific research, community engagement, and environmental education. Our field sites stretch from the wetlands of Ñeembucú to the deep Atlantic Forest of Alto Parana, including all the river systems, marshes, and Chaco regions in between.