This listing has expired.
The South East Internship is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience of delivering conservation on the ground at three very different RSPB reserves. There is an excellent range of habitats across the selection of reserves; giving interns the best chance of finding employment in the conservation sector. Interns can spend the whole 12 months on one site, or 6 months at two of the following sites: Northward Hill, Dungeness and Farnham Heath.
In this role you will gain:
- Excellent practical experience of reserve management. Habitats include grazing marsh, woodland, scrub, reedbed, shingle, saline lagoons and heathland
- Practical training/ experience as necessary for the role, which may include: brushcutter, chainsaw, ATV, off-road driving and pesticide certificates
- Emergency first aid at work training
- Experience of working as part of a reserve team
- Experience leading volunteer groups
- A working knowledge of the RSPB and conservation issues
- Visitor engagement experience including events and production of PR material
- Free accommodation in stunning surroundings on the reserves
- Training on CV writing and interview techniques, career coaching, access to RSPB internal vacancies and a reference on successful completion of your placement
- A dedicated mentor who will monitor your progress and help you with personal development
Other opportunities are also available in Wales and Northern England, see the RSPB website for more details.
Deadline for applications is July 14th 2019.