This listing has expired.
Negotiable, starting at £35,000 for Principal level
Ecology by Design is currently looking to recruit a Principal Ecologist to join our team.
Ecology by Design was setup in January 2015 and we have had consistent growth ever since. We strive to employ the best and brightest and reward hard work and dedication. We provide ecology consultancy services to a wide range of clients. We pride ourselves in technical excellence and providing an innovative, pragmatic, client friendly service. Due to our success, we have an excellent opportunity for a principal ecologist to join our team.
We are a young business and we seek people who are keen to work in ecology, strive for excellence and are excited by being part of a young business. This role would be perfect for someone wanting to take the next step on the career ladder and challenge themselves in a supportive environment. The role will work closely with the managing director to drive the business forward and will be integral within the team.
We work across the UK with the majority of our projects across the Home Counties, South and Midlands.
You can read more about our work on our website at www.ecologybydesign.co.uk.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Genuine and demonstrable enthusiasm for ecology and the environment;
· Highly experienced at phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys;
· Survey licence for at least one protected species e.g. bats;
· Ability to lead field teams and manage projects;
· Excellent report writing skills;
· Motivated to work both independently and as part of a team, often in remote locations and sometimes during unsociable hours;
· Good communication skills both with colleagues, clients and third parties;
· Experience of writing or securing European Protected Species Mitigation licences (EPSM) for at least one protected species;
· Comfortable designing surveys and quoting for work;
· Full driving licence and use of a car; and
· The project-based nature of our work means the candidate must be wiling to undertake travel and work away from home with overnight stays.
· Advanced skills in one or more specialist ecological areas e.g. bats;
· Member of CIEEM and either chartered or working towards it;
· Degree or equivalent in an ecology related discipline;
· Experience of using QGIS or ArcGIS;
· Demonstrable experience of developing business across a range of sectors; and
· Secured European Protected Species Mitigation (EPSM) licences for protected species e.g. great crested newt or bats.
Working for Ecology by Design
· Negotiable salary commensurate with experience
· Apple computer and IPhone;
· Competitive salary;
· Professional memberships paid for;
· Unlimited in-house and external training budget;
· Colleague nominated bonus scheme;
· Generous pension;
· Unlimited annual leave and flexible approach to work time, balancing a healthy work life balance.
New perks added frequently, reflective of an exciting and innovative business.
The candidate must live within commuting distance to Oxford or be willing to relocate, although part home working can be considered for the right candidate.
Being part of a young company offers excellent opportunities for rapid career progression.
For an informal discussion about the job, please contact Ben Gardner on [email protected] or 07487700305.
In the first instance please send your CV and covering letter to the email above including the location you are based and salary expectation.
Closing date for applications is 15th June 2018. If you have not heard from us by Friday 6th July, please assume that your application has not been successful. We may request further information before inviting prospective candidates for interview.