WSP has a large, highly experienced and friendly Ecology team who get involved with a diverse range of interesting projects across a number of sectors within the UK for both private and public sector clients. In addition to working on UK projects, there are also opportunities to work internationally if desired.
The team pride themselves on the integrated support offered by working alongside our in-house water, landscape, arboriculture and sustainability specialists to deliver commercially balanced, innovative and integrated solutions.
We are looking to appoint a Principal Grade Ecologist into our Cambridge team to support the growing workload.
A typical week would include:
- Planning, managing and undertaking a range of habitat and protected species surveys.
- Preparation of tenders and over-seeing the delivery and management of a range of ecological deliverables in support of our client’s projects including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecology Chapters and Reports to support Habitats Regulation Assessments.
- Working with our Cambridge and London team leaders in assuring quality of output and training and mentoring junior staff.
- Playing a key role within a growing ecology team, helping to nurture an enthusiastic, supportive and productive working environment.
We’d love to hear from you if have:
- Experience across a range of UK habitats and protected species and will hold (or have held) survey and mitigation licences
- Experience of delivering Ecological/Environmental Clerk of Works roles.
- A proven record of supporting clients through devising and delivering survey programmes, developing pragmatic, cost-effective mitigation and gaining the agreement of regulators.
- Experience of Ecological Impact Assessment and writing Environmental Statement chapters.
- Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (support is provided in becoming Chartered).
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
A little about us:
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.
For further details and to apply please see our website: http://www.wsp-pb.com/Globaln/UK/Jobs/PH8FK026203F3VBQB8N6GLOGM/details.html?jobId=26998&_ga=2.116132431.898130593.1553163542-1462244198.1552561043