This listing has expired.
Wardell Armstrong (WA) is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
We are looking to recruit a Principal Ecologist to cover project/site work across London and South East. Your main office being our Chancery Lane office situated in Central London, well served by tube, train and bus services and in the heart of the legal district. From London we have specialist teams involved with various projects including mining, international research, ground engineering, contaminated land, environmental impact assessment, civil engineering and water/hydrogeology.
In this role, you will undertake the following:
- Management of ecological elements of projects from inception to post-construction.
- Formulating and leading ecological surveys including for protected species and of freshwater/terrestrial habitats.
- Preparation of EcIAs, HRAs and Biodiversity Impact Assessments, and technical review of a wide variety of other reprts..
- Maintaining and promoting high quality client relationships.
- Designing mitigation schemes including licence applications for protected species.
- Assisting with the preparation of tenders and compiling fee quotations.
- Participating in the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues.
The successful candidate will be seeking to develop their career in ecological consultancy and must be committed to seeking beneficial ecological solutions for development activities. We would expect candidates to have:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in ecology, ideally in a consultancy setting, but other relevant experience would be considered.
- Detailed knowledge of UK and EC wildlife legislation, including experience of practical application of mitigation requirements for protected species.
- A minimum qualification of a BSc (Hons) in Ecology, or similar accredited course.
- A full driving licence.
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work, to meet demands at peak times.
- A protected species licence would be a distinct advantage, particularly for bats.
- Full member of CIEEM or capable of meeting this status.
- Membership of the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer’s contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm’s Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Critical Illness Cover Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
This vacancy is being advertised at principal level and salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.