Start Date: ASAP
Length of contract: 6 months
Location: Mahe, Seychelles
Employment Type: Short Term Contract
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
About the role
Located on the island of Mahé in the Seychelles, our Cap Ternay hub is set on the edge of the spectacular Baie Ternay Marine Park, and is backed by palm lined beaches on both sides. With incredible scenery both above and below the water, Cap Ternay is bustling with marine life of all kinds, with rays, turtles, and sharks all being frequent visitors to the various diving and snorkeling spots dotted throughout the park. The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day responsibilities of the diving and conservation programs, health & safety and volunteer management.
What you will do
- Assisting in the day-to-day responsibilities of the diving and conservation programs
- Organise and lead field trips and activities with volunteers, creating a fun and educational environment for all participants. This includes social evenings, scientific survey work, community events and recreational activities such as snorkeling
- Ensure high quality of dive and survey training of participants and that all data collected is suitably reported and stored on databases and backed up
- Have a weekly meetings where the coming weeks tasks and updates will be discussed
- Support and planning for social media interactions as directed by Social Media Officer
- Assisting with maintenance, scheduling, stocktaking, reports, presentations and workshops
- Assist to continuously seek to improve the quality of the program for volunteers
What you will need
- Professional experience in marine conservation
- Diving background (minimum PADI Divemaster)
What we offer
Our packages include the following: food, accommodation, insurance and visa costs.
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV and complete the short application form.
We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn’t always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.