This listing has expired.
Care about the environment and want to make a difference? You will be joining a team of international experts working around the globe to protect the world’s oceans. The Waitt Institute is working with 10+ national and territorial governments to create sustainable ocean plans to help improve local livelihoods and economies while safeguarding marine life and ecosystems. The Waitt Institute is hiring a Program Manager who will work across their portfolio of sites to achieve ocean protection and sustainable ocean policies by providing support for development and implementation of the initiative. Reporting to the Program Director, this position will work closely with internal teams as well as external partners, academia, and site governments. This position will involve significant international travel (~40-50% time) when regular travel resumes.
As a global team, the Waitt Institute is committed to being diverse, culturally competent, and inclusive, and we recognize that these core values enable our success. We seek to employ talented advocates for the ocean and coastal communities, and we welcome all applicants.
- Build partnerships with government officials and stakeholders at Initiative sites to facilitate progress and encourage ownership of the process
- Hire and oversee program staff to develop program and site capacity
- Oversee the development and execution of program deliverables and work closely with the WI team and partners to ensure program success
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with demonstrated skills in managing multiple complex or international projects, and leading a diverse and geographically dispersed team
- Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree preferred) from an accredited college or university in political science, economics, conservation management, sustainable development, or a related field
- Reliable, responsive, and comfortable working with geographically dispersed team across time zones
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills, and ability to advocate effectively on politically sensitive issues and work collaboratively and effectively with tight deadlines