This listing has expired.
Programme Coordinator – North West England
Programme Coordinator – North West England
Action for Conservation is an innovative young charity with a mission to create the next generation of nature conservationists. We are currently looking for an energetic, capable and motivated individual to join our growing team as Programme Coordinator.
We are looking for a passionate and capable Programme Coordinator to work alongside our team to develop and expand our reach and deliver our vision. You will work closely with the Programme Manager, Programme Coordinators in the South West and South East, volunteers and project partners to help coordinate and deliver all aspects of our programmes. This position suits a dynamic and motivated self-starter with a passion for working with young people and passing the environmental torch to the next generation. If you feel you would make the most of an opportunity to shape an exciting young charity, hit the ground running and take on plenty of responsibility, then we want to hear from you.
This is a full-time 12-month fixed term contract with a starting salary of between £20,000 and £22,000 per annum, depending on experience. There is a possibility of extending the contract, subject to sufficient funds being raised. You may occasionally be required to work out of normal working hours or at weekends and to travel nationally, including to our office in London on a regular basis.
The role will ideally be based in Manchester. We don’t yet have office space in Manchester and so we will assess office and support needs with the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be an independent individual capable of self-motivation and willing to be managed remotely with regular visits to our London office.
Prior to appointment, the chosen candidate will be required to provide two references and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be carried out. A full driving license is desirable but not essential.
The Programme Coordinator will be directly responsible to the Programme Manager and will be required to manage volunteers and freelance staff as the role develops.
The Programme Coordinator’s key duties are as follows:
- Deliver the WildED programme in North West England. This includes recruiting schools to the programme, organising and leading workshops, alongside our volunteers, providing direct support to student projects, planning the final Dragons’ Den events and building relationships with local environmental organisations and campaigns.
- Plan and deliver Action for Conservation’s Residential Camps in the North West and other regions, with the support of volunteers, partner organisations and the rest of the team.
- Manage and grow our North West network of young environmental professionals who support our team in delivering WildED workshops, Residential Camps and Ambassador activities.
- Plan and deliver hands-on action days, celebratory events, webinars and skill-building activities for our North West cohort of Youth Ambassadors and provide ongoing remote support for them as they lead action in their local area and share their voice via our YouTube channel, podcast and webseries.
- Contribute to the communications output of the charity, including social media, YouTube, blogs, newsletters, articles, talks and maintenance and development of the website.
- Effectively manage and maintain a CRM database of schools, volunteers, young people, partners and opportunities.
- Create or commission education and marketing materials directed at young people, schools and supporters.
- Monitor progress towards programme outcomes through agreed indicators.
- Manage interns and volunteers as required.
- Support project partnerships with other NGOs in the North West.
- Network on behalf of the charity and identify and explore new partnership opportunities.
- A degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience or knowledge of working with young people in an environmental/educational/youth support context.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of environmental issues and techniques for raising awareness and creating behaviour change.
- Experience of organising and/or delivering workshops or events.
- Excellent administrative and database management skills, ideally experience using a CRM system.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of how to engage people, and young people in particular.
- Self-motivated and committed.
- A flair for innovation and creativity.
- Experience using social media and other communication tools.
- Willingness to learn and to take on lots of responsibility quickly.
- Experience of delivering environmental education workshops.
- Experience of hands on conservation or other environmental work.
- Teaching experience and/or a teaching qualification.
- Direct experience of working with communities to create positive social and environmental change.
- Experience working with young people from disadvantaged and Visible Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience of managing staff and/or volunteers.
- Marketing experience.
- Social research/survey skills or experience of monitoring impact.
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV, with contact details for two referees, and a cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining your suitability for the role, addressed to the Programme Manager to: [email protected] with the subject line: ‘Programme Coordinator’. Referees will only be contacted after interview and prior to appointment.
The deadline for applications is 13th January 2019 at midnight and interviews will take place during the week of 21st January 2019 in Manchester. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible after interview.
Diversity is one of our core values as an organisation and so we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Contract: Full-time 12-month fixed term
Remuneration: £20,000 – £22,000 per annum, depending on experience