This listing has expired.
About the Rainforest Alliance:
We are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal.
The Rainforest Alliance works at the intersection of business, agriculture and forests. By bringing diverse allies together we are making deep-rooted change on some of our most pressing social and environmental issues. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people mitigate and adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways.
Our alliance needs you, whoever you are and wherever you stand. By joining forces with producers, businesses and consumers, we can transform our relationship with the land and forests we rely on. We can make that relationship work better for all.
Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
- Support yearly program cycle: planning, monitoring, (IATI) reporting;
- Support communication products related to the program (SP newsletter, articles etc.);
- Support the various types of program meetings such as the SP management team and the SP program week and;
- Carry out administrative and filing tasks related to the program.
- Education: Advanced in acquiring a BA or MA Degree in Development Studies, Geography, Social Studies preferably with elements of rural development / agriculture / sustainability.
- Work Experience in a related field is an extra.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communication Skills: Good writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Foreign Language Skills: Written and verbal proficiency in English. Additionally, Spanish, French or Bahasa Indonesia is appreciated.
- General Work Behavior / Skills: Organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner; interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically. Eye for detail and dependability are appreciated.
- Requirements related to our mission: Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred.
Monthly compensation of Euro 300 gross; commuting costs (if applicable).
Only candidates that are presently studying at a University or other qualifying educational institute and is authorized to study/work in the Netherlands will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your application (max. 1-page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than 15 October 2019 to [email protected] mentioning Intern SP program in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact [email protected] via +31 6 575 92 310 (after 19 August).