This listing has expired.
Fynbos Nature Reserve, within the Robberg Coastal Corridor Protected Environment (RCCPE), seeks to appoint a dynamic person to assist with ecological data collection, monitoring, infrastructure maintenance, law enforcement and management of a small staff team at Fynbos Nature Reserve, in the greater Plettenberg Bay area, Kranshoek. The successful candidate will be assisting and reporting to the RCCPE Conservation Manager with work relating to the Fynbos section within the Robberg Coastal Corridor Protected Environment. The successful candidate will have to stay in official accommodation near to the Nature Reserve.
- National Diploma in Conservation
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation, NEM: Protected Areas Act, National Heritage Resources Act, NEM: Biodiversity Act, Criminal Procedure Act, Integrated Coastal Management Act, Marine living resources act, and the regulations promulgated thereunder;
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, especially MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid code 08 driver’s license essential
- No criminal record.
- Knowledge and experience with Fishery Control Officer duties is an added advantage
- Assist with ecological data collections and monitoring
- Assist with natural resources management that includes the implementation of invasive alien plant control, alien animals, footpath, jeep tracks, soil erosion and rehabilitation management system
- Assist with firefighting operations
- Assist with environmental education and facilitating guests to the reserve
- Perform and supervise general maintenance tasks of all infrastructure, building management, fencing water and roads
- Supervisory and Administrative Duties
- Implement Annual Plan of operations
- Support management in effective management of Protected Area
- Do required basic daily, weekly, and monthly administration work, including compilation of monthly report and handling of petty cash. Supervision of staff with respect to rosters, pocketbooks, logbooks, daily attendance registers, daily reporting, and stock control in stores
- Assist with control and management of assets
- Perform standby and weekend duties as per roster
- Carry out law enforcement patrols and assist with access control and visitor management functions
- Provide support to Conservation Authorities during law enforcement operations
- Implement Occupational Health and Safety policies and guidelines and implement Fynbos workplace policy
- Managing and handling discipline/disputes/conflict between staff members under your control
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com on or before 1 st of October 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to come for an interview at the Reserve. Applicants who have not been contacted within 21 days of the closing date, must please assume that their application was unsuccessful.
For any further information you can visit the Protected Environment umbrella organisation, the Robberg Coastal Corridor Protected Environment website https://robbergcoastalcorridor.co.za/ or contact:
Kei Heyns – mobile: +27 83 663 3306 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Francois Geldenhuys – mobile +27 82 820 5162 email: email@example.com
Conservation Manager for RCCPE NPO & Fynbos Nature Reserve +27 836633306