Norfolk Wildlife Trust is the county’s largest environmental charity, committed to the protection and enhancement of Norfolk’s wildlife and wild places.
We are offering the opportunity to join our Breckland Reserves team working across multiple sites in Breckland and the Fens. This is a real chance to start a career in nature conservation working on some of the County’s premier wildlife sites.
Reserves Assistant – Brecks
Salary: £21,260 per annum
The post holder will be based at NWT East Wretham Heath Reserve, and will have the opportunity to work at other NWT managed sites within the Brecks and Fens including Weeting Heath, Thompson Common, Wissey Wetlands, and heath re-creation sites within Thetford Forest. The Reserves Assistants carry out a variety of tasks, including habitat management, infrastructure maintenance, and using a variety of machinery.
The successful candidate will have a good basic knowledge of wildlife conservation and habitat management techniques. Good communication skills are essential, both with colleagues and members of the public, as is the ability to work as part of a team in managing these important sites. The successful candidate will also have experience of working on a nature reserve or similar and experience of maintaining tools and equipment. Experience and/or training in livestock handling, tractor operation, chainsaw, brush-cutter and first aid would be an advantage.
We offer the following benefits:
- Work on some of Norfolk’s most iconic and beautiful nature reserves
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- 8 % employer contribution to Aviva pension (2% employee minimum)
- Group income protection and death in service benefits (for pension members)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption policies
- Learning days
- All staff are eligible for free admission to our nature reserves and visitor centres.
- Personal development opportunities
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 18th September at midday.
Interviews are likely to take place on Friday 29th September 2023.
Reg. Charity No. 208734
No agencies please